[lbo-talk] please pledge to WBAI during my show on Thursday

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 17 19:40:35 PDT 2008

Because I've been pretty critical of the management of WBAI, I think the program director has it out for me. So if you ever listen to my show - on the air, on the web, on podcast - please make a pledge during tomorrow's fundraiser as a show of support. You can pledge online at WBAI.org and mention my show, but I'm not sure they fully account for those when tallying up a host's total. Best would be to call 212-209-2950 between 4 and 6 PM NYC time on Thursday. Please pledge big, and tell them how much you like the show (assuming you do, of course).

As my premium, I'll be featuring a long interview with Tariq Ali about his new book on Pakistan, the state of things in Afghanistan, and the U.S. presidential election, along with the book (The Duel: In the Flight Path of American Power, just out from Scribners).

Doug