[lbo-talk] Krugman weighs in, echoes Yves Smith

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Mon Sep 22 05:58:53 PDT 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:18:32 -0700 (PDT), Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I mean that a conscious decision was made to dismantle the Soviet Union
by
> the Soviet government.

Yes, I understood your meaning.

What I meant was you can say that AIG (for example, fill in the blank differently if you like) didn't collapse, but that a conscious decision to agree to it's nationalization was made by it's directors, etc.

Do we know what would have happened had the Soviet Government not made that decision? Not really.

Do you agree that the current financial crisis can be traced back to the "winning" of the cold war?

Cheers.

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net