[lbo-talk] Juan Cole electoral rant

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Sep 22 11:56:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, September 22, 2008 2:52 am, Michael Pollak wrote:

> http://www.juancole.com/2008/09/nation-of-masochists.html
>
> although I apologize in advance to the true masochists in our audience
> for their being once more distorted into a rhetorical foil.

Juan Cole is a fine writer, one of the indispensable bloggers of today, a top-notch historian who knows the sordid and vile history of imperialism inside and out, though I think he's a bit too trusting of the Dems. See, this is why an Obama victory is a good thing: the inevitable post-election letdown will get people like Cole thinking seriously about breaking with the Empire.

-- DRR