[lbo-talk] Obama debating Alan Keyes

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 10:44:14 PDT 2008

I recall Keyes trying to debate John Stockwell on Jonathan Kwitney's old PBS chatfest. The topic was Angola, where Stockwell worked as a undercover CIA liaison to Jonas Savimbi's UNITA. Keyes, who was pro-Savimbi, was talking out of his ass, trying to play down or deny Stockwell's first hand knowledge of the Angolan contras. It was embarrassing yet entertaining to watch, and later, when Stockwell visited the FAIR office, I asked him about that debate. Stockwell laughed and said that Keyes had eyes like a madman. Do tell.

Dennis