[lbo-talk] Amerika the delusional

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Sep 23 11:40:32 PDT 2008

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> If, instead of that, which is basic
> and to the point, you wrote, 'under the Terribleban' or something
> similarly over-egged, the focus shifts away from your target's
> sinister qualities (the actual topic) to your fondness for insult
> comedy.

But when it's offensive insult (Jenny's "peevish sexism" was generous) to begin with, even real cleverenss would not save it -- but Shane's 'cleverness' hardly arises to middle-school level. It's dully peevish. Glunk. Shane has convinced me, for one, that he is not offended by Palin's politics but really fears a woman in high office, ANY woman.

Carrol