[lbo-talk] chesty Bavarian waitress

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Sep 23 15:46:15 PDT 2008

picture shag doing the happy dance. while i have been occupying myself with various texts, I have been waiting and waiting for Francois Cusset's _French Theory_. It finally came today and, reading the preface to the English edition, he mentions something hilarious Lyotard apparently said:

"They were, rather, an endless confrontation with, discussion on, reinterpretation of Marxism -- best exemplified perhaps by Jean-Francois Lyotard's delirious suggestion in _Libidinal Economy_ that there have always been *two* Marxes, the old, bearded rationalist obsessed with totality, and a young, chesty Bavarian waitress keener on transgression aned intensive signs."

so really?

anyway, if this is any good, I shall probably report back and post on the blog.