[lbo-talk] How Can *Anyone* Need $700 Billion By The End of the Week...?

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:26:45 PDT 2008

"boddi satva" <lbo.boddi at gmail.com> writes:

> ...for *anything*?
>
> How is that even conceivable?

I think this is just a negotiating tactic, "high balling", I suppose I'd call it. We need the money NOW! OK, tomorrow. OK, next week. The faster they can ram the deal through, the fewer reporting requirements and oversight can be attached to it.

> The only thing that makes sense is that the damage is already done and
> this is a cover-up.

The extent of the damage that's being admitted to doesn't leave much to cover up, although I'm sure nobody will ever now the whole of it.