[lbo-talk] McCain "suspends" campaign, wants to delay debate, because of bailout

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Sep 25 09:43:58 PDT 2008

Dennis Perrin

> Here's a hypothesis: this means Goliath thinks he's losing.
>
> Charles

Perhaps, but unlikely. McCain is trying to look presidential, unlike his younger, untested opponent. I'm sure this was vetted at length within his inner-circle. Like the Palin pick, it's meant to grab headlines and build momentum.

Doris

^^^^ I don't know. He looks kinda scared and nervous in the headlines - panicky - and doesn't seem to be able to chew gum and walk at the same time. Last week he was saying the fundamentals of the economy are sound. Now he's saying we could have a depression by next Monday. Not exactly grace under pressure.

Barack's a giant crusher; Goliath will fall

McCain is panicking in the Bank Panic of 2008, because he feels the bourser's pain very closely, reflects it directly. Queen Elizabeth Victoria cannot save him even with all her mighty charm , her frontiers-woman fierceness.

Goliath's father was a warrior. His father's father was a warrior. He is of an hereditary warrior's elite, Annapolis grad, Big man on earth.

Barack will rock him with the sling vote.