[lbo-talk] Palin explains it all to Katie Couric

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Sep 25 15:27:50 PDT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Did you watch the clip? She can't cite any actual events.

And BTW, this isn't the most embarassing moment in the interview. Most of the rest is even worse. She sticks like a broken record. Take a look at the first five minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc

I can't believe for Katie Couric. It just makes it ten times worse for them to have a smart woman doing it. And boy does Couric suddenly look like an intellectual compared to her. She looks like a tired teacher giving an oral exam in front of the class to the head cheerleader.

The more I watch of this (which really makes me cringe) the more I'm beginning to think the real reason for postponing the debate was to postpone the vice presidential debate. She clearly isn't up to remembering her lines yet and if everyone sees her like this, they're doomed.

Michael