[lbo-talk] Rewriting Metaphors

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Sep 25 18:07:33 PDT 2008

On Thu, September 25, 2008 3:27 pm, Michael Pollak crossposted:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc
>
> She looks like a tired teacher
> giving an oral exam in front of the class to the head cheerleader.

(Ahem). I humbly suggest a moratorium on gender metaphors, which serve only to humanize a politician who serves an ideology of monstrous and colossal inhumanity, in favor of something more suitably, shall we say, liberation-theological. How about this:

Palin is just another oil-orc in the War of the Ring. But the power of the Ring is almost gone, and now the creatures of $auron are running about in a witless, incoherent frenzy. On November 4, the American electorate will either crawl away from the slopes of Mt. Doom and start down the long, hard road to a life without empire, or cast itself into the fire. Frodo and Smeagol are fighting at the edge of the abyss, while Airbus eagles circle overhead...

-- DRR