[lbo-talk] Goldbugs

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 22:35:07 PDT 2008

John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Sandy Harris wrote:

>> It prevents governments from just printing and spending money,
>> the real cause of inflation. The US dollar was originally about
>> an ounce of silver. Last I looked, silver was over $10/ounce.
>
> The "real" cause of inflation?

It is quite obviously one cause. If governments can just print what they want to spend, then the currency is devalued. That causes prices to rise.

Now a real goldbug would argue that it is the only cause and that "fiat money" should be banned.

> It prevents Govts. from spending anything?

I didn't say that.

-- Sandy Harris, Quanzhou, Fujian, China