[lbo-talk] real estate bust hits Manhattan

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Fri Sep 26 03:08:27 PDT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:32:00 -0700, Joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> "BTW, the vast majority of Russians see the current crisis as someone
> else's problem.
> No real problem here....."

> History loves irony. Wouldn't it be somehow fitting if Russia, having
> "lost the cold war," could now buy a large part of U.S. capital???

Of course we should bear in mind that it is the workers in both countries that really lost the cold war, since it was funded with the surplus value of their production.

As I've said here before, the cold war bankrupted both sides, the US was just able to disguise this fact for longer.

And although it's power and wealth remains rooted in state granted privilege, Capital is becoming more and more superterritorial, the spectacle of "Russia" or "China" buying up "US" Capital is just a symptom of that fact. Capital still exists because of the privileges granted by state violence, but simultaneous internationality allows it simple find whatever home is best suited at the time.

Cheers.

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net