[lbo-talk] Rewriting Metaphors

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Sep 26 04:07:03 PDT 2008

On Sep 26, 2008, at 3:59 AM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> But the whole of my post was about gender, namely that the McCain
> campaign made a big mistake choosing Couric to interview her
> precisely because it neutralized the image of Palin being bullied.
> So what stood out instead was the quantum leap difference in their
> verbal skills and preparedness. It wasn't like the difference
> between a smart person and a dumb on

It seems like a reprise of the choice of Charlie Gibson - someone they thought would be soft turned out tough. It's especially rich given how much fun people made of Couric for being a lightweight. Both of them had similar impatient, frustrated looks on their faces, too, like they were interviewing a moron.

Doug