[lbo-talk] The Paulson plan's critics

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:42:26 PDT 2008

Apropos of...?

This month's local public radio diet featured Zizek, BHL (on McCain Palin: "This is not a ticket, it's a cartoon.") and Naomi Klein most recently and topically on Disaster Capitalism. I think it's AWFULLY dang convenient that this "crisis" blew up with our President sounding like the most pathetic desparate substance abuser ever to plead for help from his enablers just a week before Congress is supposed to go on recess and try to convince us we should send them BACK to do the jobs they are not doing now.

I think Obama and McCain SHOULD debate tonight and Congress should stay in session another week to work on the problem! A good percentage of them are going to get re-elected anyway, and I would SO MUCH rather see them actually doing the jobs they are currently being paid to do than endure more windy ungrounded campaigning. We did not get into this mess in a week and it's going to take more than a week to get out. PLUS, I am appalled (again) at the spinelessness of the Dems; they won't grow backbones without Dial-a-Spine from their constituents.

End of tirade....

DC