[lbo-talk] high school and lefties (Re: Palin explains it all to Katie Couric)

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:30:17 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

I dated a cheerleader in high school. She was way smart. And the oral
> exams were great.

Nothing against shag, cheerleaders, or ex-cheerleaders. But if we can't insult, inadvertently or otherwise, others' youthful activities, whether legitimate extracurriculars or not, what can we insult (other than religion, of course)? I mean, we all agree that Doug's dalliance with the Party of the Right was pretty funny, correct? Who knows what shenanigans our other list comrades might have gotten themselves into? Are those all beyond the pale of permissible mockery, well-founded or not?