[lbo-talk] Conservatism, fear, and horror

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Fri Sep 26 21:53:04 PDT 2008

I'm pretty sure that Poe was a conservative, but I might be wrong on this.

On the other hand, if you look at the gothic, Anne Radcliffe was a Jacobin enthusiast. I suspect you could count del Toro (Devil's Backbone, a vampire flick, as well as Pan's Labyrinth) for the left. Also, most of the 'new weird' folks are of the left.... robert wood