[lbo-talk] Cass Sunstein explains Obama's politics

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Sep 28 10:47:23 PDT 2008

On Sep 28, 2008, at 11:20 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Shane Taylor quoted Samantha Power's
> squeeze:
>
>> It is revealing, and entirely characteristic, that Obama admires
>> Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals, in which Goodwin describes
>> Lincoln's self-conscious decision to assemble a contentious,
>> bipartisan cabinet.
>
> Didn't Michael Pollak post something about how this book is bullshit?

So is the word "bipartisan." I don't remember there being any Breckenridge supporters in Lincoln's Cabinet, and wasn't the most "contentious" part of the Cabinet--Stanton, Seward--Republican?

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos