[lbo-talk] blame Clinton

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 13:14:53 PDT 2008

So I'm talking with a relative, a real estate appraiser, a formerly-skeptical and now-not-so-much Republican giving his take on how we got into this mess. He claims it was a Clinton admin push to loosen standards and hold redlining regulations over lenders' heads (liberal social policy, you see). Of course the latter bit's a little hard to imagine, but I have been curious about what exactly had the mortgage regulations been and when they changed, or if the recent practices had never been actually forbidden. Anybody know?

Also, for you Fox watchers, is this the narrative that's being fielded? Will Clinton's awful lefty clutches follow us across multiple Republican administrations?

Thanks,

-- Andy