[lbo-talk] Kucinich on money

Voyou voyou1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:25:34 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 18:44 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
> I really doubt that that's what Kucinich meant. His language had all
> the marks of hard money nuttery.

Kucinich is a fan of the American Monetary Institute, who aren't goldbugs, but do advocate some kind of hard money, and seem pretty nutty. I see from their website that their main theoretician, Stephen Zarlenga, addressed the notorious far-right Monday Club on the theme "Usury, A Destroyer of Nations," which is, well, unfortunate, to say the least:

http://www.monetary.org/2008schedule.html

--

"Why must man's vocation always be to

distinguish himself from animals?"