[lbo-talk] House rejects bailout

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 29 21:36:19 PDT 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:31 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2008, at 10:52 PM, Gar Lipow wrote:
>
>> Even in the short run there are more progressive ways to deal with
>> this than just modifying Paulson's crap. FDIC expansion,
>> Nationalizing the Federal Reserve and turning it into a Bank of the
>> United States that grants the kind of credit we need.
>
> You're kidding, right? With this Congress? Or even the next one?

The American people have vehemently and massively rejected this swindle. What better moment to advance radical solutions in place of those they are being blackmailed for? That Paulson, Bush, Obama & co. have had even a temporary defeat inflicted on them is wonderful news.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos