[lbo-talk] Fwd: The Bailout -- Holy Toledo

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Sep 30 04:00:52 PDT 2008

At 06:32 AM 9/30/2008, Dmytri Kleiner wrote:

> > newsflash: you have to spend the rest of your life paying *someone* for
> > the privilege of a place to live.
>
>And this is a good thing you support?

i'm objecting to your rhetoric. you type as if there are home buyer in debt peonage for the rest of your life vs. everyone else who aren't.

what planet do you live on. even if we were socialized, we'd still work all our lives to support ourselves and our communities.

i'm a person who's never bought a house in my life. i will probably never buy one because the prices are inflated, and the bailout will keep them inflated.

my step grandfather does not have a sob story. he purchased a home with a debt-income ratio that was reasonable. he did so with a government backed mortgage while taking advantage of the GI bill. Same thing with my father. all when housing was reasonably affordable -- a contrast to today. So no, I obviously don't think this is OK, you jackass. I'm just pointing out that your characterization of greed is wrong.

>This whole discussions is of course moot, because in reality neither you
>step-grandfather nor sustainable housing projects will get the cash, this
>crisis, like all economic crisis, will simply lead to a greater
>concentration of wealth. You can take that to the bank.

it is interesting that you failed to include yourself among the impotent.