[lbo-talk] Palin explains it all to Katie Couric

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:41:39 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

>> <http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/09/25/palin/>
>
> I just got around to following this link, and now it's "updated" which is to
> say, completely repudiated. He quotes himself about Palin and then says "I
> was so wrong about that." And his evidence is the Couric interview. It's
> really seems like it's been a game changer.

Mmmaybe. I still have to wonder how much they were and are banking on down-home populist appeal, and how much it's going to work. Don't forget when Kerry had it in the bag.

A lot of the leftmost 50% watches this stuff and thinks, what an idiot, you've got be kidding. It's easy to forget that this smug folksy ignorance being put on display by some fancy-pants media type is a selling point for a good chunk of the population.

-- Andy