[lbo-talk] The Paulson plan's critics

martin mschiller at POBOX.COM
Fri Sep 26 14:58:49 PDT 2008

On Sep 26, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Whatever one thinks of Mao's whole 'career,' on one point he was
> indubitably correct: "If you don't hit it, it won't fall." Currently
> no
> one is hitting either capitalism as a whole or u.s. hegemony.

Isn't it a global class of investor that is the real hegemonic operator, with the US pop employed as the muscle ?

Doesn't the interweave among corporate boards comprise a 'system' that operates in the interest of their investors ?

Does the financial system that they use for their wealth appear to have a fracture that threatens 'capitalism as a whole' ?

I tend to doubt that the global system is failing. Feels more like one of the Michael Milken things on a global scale. We been remaindered and the final extraction is upon us.

Someone will have to put his shoulder to the wheel - hope it's not me.

martin