[lbo-talk] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 07:15:52 PDT 2009

I used to subscribe to this line of argument, but now I think it is willfull and a bit perverse (in the nonmoral sense of the term, of course).

The existence of a (relatively) large black middle class has changed nothing -- __except for the fact of the (relatively) large black middle class itself__. Which is rather a big change. Now if you are a certain type of person you may guide everything according to the lodestone of Destroying the Capitalist Enemy this may be a mere sideshow, but the overwhelming majority of people in the universe do not think this way, being sane.

BTW I'm about 99% sure that King would have voted for Obama. ;)