[lbo-talk] Marx without quotation marks

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Wed Apr 1 17:56:21 PDT 2009

This has been an interesting discussion, and I am going to get to some of the other comments if I can, but I think that there is a fairly significant aspect of incarceration in the United States that Foucault's analysis cannot explain, and because of its historical frame of analysis, does not take into account, which is the way that structural of racial domination begin to be reproduced through prison, and criminality. You can look at the work of Davis, which draws from Foucault's work (although she is not the only one doing this work) for this sort of analysis. robert wood