[lbo-talk] umbrellas and hasidism

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Apr 1 18:39:17 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 6:46 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:
> Ravi wrote:
>
> This characterisation by Dwayne has been worrying me from the moment I
> saw it. In returning to LBO, my intention was (a) to propose a lunch
> gathering and (b) avoid all the flamewars and misunderstandings that
> left me depressed and unhappy. In posting what I did on this thread, I
> was merely attempting to tease Chris Doss whose one-liners can also be
> enjoyed on Facebook (and these are the ones I had in mind).

> It wasn't my intention to discomfort you; only describe the situation
> as I've long seen it.

Sure, as you point out, we might see these things differently. I was not trying to blame you in any way. I found your post entertaining. I wrote the above to retract part of my post, since it conveys (explicitly) a different point than I intended.

> In fact, I think this is one of the
> big differences between us: what you interpret as "flamewars" and
> discord -- what apparently drove you to retreat from the list -- I see
> as the normal hashing out of opposing POVs.

Sure, perhaps, but it didn't work for me... I found that my own content was getting pretty non-productive (and that is another reason to resort, or retreat, to one-liners, I guess!).

And now, please stop talking about me, you coal shovelling tool of Satan.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/