[lbo-talk] they need us - where are we?

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:05:32 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2009, at 9:42 PM, Philip Pilkington wrote:
>
> If a bunch of twats are willing to stir up some shit, then why not back
>> it?
>>

> Because all the "twats" can do is "stir up some shit." That's really not
> adequate to the situation.
>
> See: <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Action.html>.
>
> Doug

Doug,

I think you're one of the most respectable leftists I've come across... which is saying a lot... most talk rubbish.

However, I really think we're in a situation where something really needs to be done. I mean I'm not saying that X, Y and Z is the key to Communist utopia, but most of the Western world seems to me to be in a very precarious position at the moment. I'm not saying that we should fire-bomb our local bank, but I think that we on the Left have a lot to offer in the way of policy advice.

I don't know how we put this forward exactly, but as far as I can see its VERY necessarily. This is urgent.