[lbo-talk] Marx without quotation marks

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Apr 3 07:04:53 PDT 2009

charles:

Actually, he and Engels make them
> elsewhere, too, but since the thread title is Marx without quotation
> marks , I hesitate to start nailing it down with quotes. On the other
> hand, how else can the issue be settled with respect to Marx's
> position on transhistorical generalization.

I'd recommend this for Philip http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Splitter-Apex-Healthcare-Products/dp/B000J13V9W

the point of Dennis Claxton's introduction of that quote from Foucault was not that it was somehow wrong to quote Marx, but that Foucault felt that he didn't need to quote Marx constantly in order to be engaged in elaborating Marx's ideas. He was chiding people for insisting that he had nothing to do with marx's ideas, simply because people didn't see the iconography of citations throughout his texts.

so, go ahead and quote marx for christ sake. :)

more later, though no promises -- coz i'm a lazy ass.