[lbo-talk] doing it for the camera

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Apr 6 10:10:47 PDT 2009

heh. i love this guy's rants:

http://www.gaysagainstobama.org/2009/04/obamas-went-to-g-20-summit-and-all-i.html

Next, we have our gal Anderson "I'll Never Tell" Cooper. Lawd knows she never disappoints. Girlfriend was utterly perplexed by the G-20 protests. At one point, she asked another CNN "news anchor" using a very catty tone , "So, what's the point of these protests? Are people just doing it for the cameras?"

Now, one could perhaps forgive Lady Cooper for her ignorance considering she is a Vanderbilt. She probably grew up quite sheltered in the tower of a castle somewhere in the Upper East Side, constantly letting down her hair for various witches and princes to climb until she one day managed to escape (perhaps she discovered the same escape route as her older brother but unfortunately for us her escape attempt had a different ending). One could perhaps forgive her, but I can't.

Ok, Andreesha, you take the cake. The G-20 protesters were just doing it for the camera? Do you honestly expect me to believe that after spending your whole "career" covering events like the G-20, which are little more than an opportunity for politicians and other members of the ruling class to stroll down the red carpet and pose for the cameras, that you actually think the protesters are the ones who are "doing it for the camera"? I think this picture I found on your blog in addition to your on-air statement about the importance of photo-ops at the G-20 summit indicate that you are quite aware that the last G-20 party was merely a catwalk for Obama and his buddies to preen for the cameras while his award winning PR team made it appear as though he actually accomplished something.

So it's perfectly fine for your filthy rich peers to pose for the cameras while they rape the rest of humanity, but if the rabble have the temerity to protest the capitalist robber barons who have quite literally robbed us blind then, by god, they are just "doing it for the camera". Those stupid proles couldn't possibly have any serious grievances, right? </quote>