[lbo-talk] vegetarianism: an eating disorder

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Tue Apr 7 04:41:52 PDT 2009

At 11:25 AM -0500 6/4/09, Carrol Cox wrote:

>Grass-fattened cattle or other meat animals will of course be
>considerably less tender -- good-bye sooner or later to tender steaks.

That is not true at all. Trust me, I've never eaten anything but grass-fattened cattle. Feed lot cattle are reputed be be very delicious too of course, but correctly managed grass fed cattle are quite good too. So good that I've never really had much desire to try the more expensive feed-lot beef.

Anyhow, I suspect that feed lot beef is probably very high in fat and hormone and of course anti-biotic content. the latter because of the appalling sanitary conditions in crowded feed-lots.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas