[lbo-talk] Abolition of prisons (Was: Angela...)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 21:32:05 PDT 2009

Robbery statutes vary by state, but usually require the use or threat of force. Here in Illinois:

A person commits robbery when he or she takes property, . . . from the person or presence of another by the use of force or by threatening the imminent use of force.

720 ILCS 5/18‑1

That's pretty standard.