[lbo-talk] vegetarianism: an eating disorder

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:51:54 PDT 2009

It's possible to find grain-fed beef that was not fattened at the last minute in feed lots. My grandfather used to raise them, and when I was a kid my family would by a whole butchered steer from him every use. Delicious. Don't know about Oz, but I've heard the grass-fed beef in Argentina can be quite tender and tasty. My experience of it in Brazil was less good (of course this was 1988 and I was in NE Brazil eating on the cheap). Growing up in Kansas City, you eat a lot of steak. It would take some convincing to get me to believe that grass-fed beef can compete with a really fine, grain-fed, aged rib-eye. Oh damn, now I'm getting hungry....

morbidsymptoms