[lbo-talk] "Doing History Backward" (Partial Draft)

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:58:06 PDT 2009

Carrol Cox wrote:

> The empirical model she holds up for her listeners is the story of a
> great defeat, and perhaps these words would be appropiate to any
> monument to the memory of Rosa Luxemburg. Defeat is no excuse.

Um, there's something missing here. Why should anyone give a shit about Rosa Luxemburg's glorious defeat? What exactly is the legacy she's left behind? Zilch. Nothing. She's a historical curiosity to all but a few vendors of free newspapers outside the Brecht Forum.

The anatomy of man is a key to the anatomy of the ape, I say, which is why I await the glorious resurrection of the Rev. Jim Jones and his People's Temple. All praise the Reverend and his great defeat!

SA