[lbo-talk] Note of thanks

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Apr 8 21:23:28 PDT 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> At 11:01 PM -0400 8/4/09, ravi wrote:
>
>> Chuck, if anything, great thanks are owed to you for your
>> measured, reasoned, and mostly captivating (except that one time
>> when you went off on Strauss...
>
> For goodness sake, don't mention the Strauss! He's been in
> recovery for a couple of months now, you don't have to keep
> bringing it up.

Hey. there's no also rans. I forgot Mike Beggs. He just posted a great criminology statistical summary that I was reading, when it occurred to I should thank people. Some of this stuff is gold mine material. Then I wrote a thanks and forgot Mike B..

And about that Strauss thing. Yes, I am in recovery. But I should thank, but not praise, him for being provocative and difficult to pin down. Working on that sent me back to read, write, and think through some tough philosophical history, and really get into Weimar. .

Doing that work taught me how to do a sort of amateur philosophical forensic profile...

CG