[lbo-talk] Joseph Massad gets tenure

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Apr 9 07:04:39 PDT 2009

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Joseph Massad gets tenure Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:26:14 -0400

The same could happen to Netanyahu too. I have looked at enough discussion groups to know that much of the Israeli right is very distrustful of him and they could react very badly if he is seen as "giving away too much" concerning the Palestinians. On the other hand, he is probably the only leading Israeli politician who would have any chance at all at getting away with making a settlement with the Palestinians.

Jim F.

On Apr 9, 2009, at 8:49 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:
> ... the idea being, of course, that you need a de Gaulle to withdraw
> from Algeria and a Nixon to go to China because they won't draw fire
> from
> the right...

As to deGaulle, that idea is quite false. deGaulle set off a violent insurrectionary resistance (the OAS) and barely escaped assassination.

Shane Mage

____________________________________________________________ Save $10 on Flowers and Gifts! Shop now at www.ftd.com/16714 http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Dh4GRr5bIdyRakHpGmVXseMrVUfWk8JLBIZWCMvhrfyyx4bF05OdRWocekw/