[lbo-talk] revisiting the FROP and the Brenner hypothesis

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:05:19 PDT 2009

> Since Brenner rejects
>> both a wage-squeeze and declining _technical_ capital productivity,
>> the investment overhang, or zombie inefficient capital stock hanging
>> in there and still being counted in the profit rate's denominator, is
>> the only out he has left, so it's left to carry a huge explanatory
>> burden. The point of the Fine et al article is to demonstrate that
>> zombie inefficient capital stock doesn't, in reality, hang in there
>> that long.

But, just a moment, I will respond properly... but this seems way off.

What is this notion of "zombie capital"? So it re-invests rather quickly? Where?

I mean this is the essential point in Brenner... where? Where does it invest? Because, within Brenner's argument, even if it hangs in there it has to invest... so... where?