[lbo-talk] cleansing

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 10 13:39:51 PDT 2009

Charlie Herbert wrote:
> But on shag’s cleansing-fad question – could it be a new meaning of baby
> boomer?

I don't see this as a new fad. People have been preoccupied with their poop for a long time. Fiber keeps you regular adds were all the rage in the 1970's and 1980's. Go to any health food store and you'll find books on cleaning your colon from 40 years ago. Not watching TeeVee I would be the last to notice an uptick in TeeVee ads promoting shitting but as far as P-O-P displays in stores I don't see any more now than I ever have. There don't appear to be any more new books on the subject than in the past either. There were parlors where you could get colonics 30 and 40 years ago as well. Maybe people here are simply noticing this shit more?

John Thornton