[lbo-talk] Derrida on Heartfield

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 13:16:41 PDT 2009

I think it's kind of interesting that each member of the three worldviews that were duking it out in Europe in the 20th century (liberalism, communism, and fascism) viewed the other two as basically reducible to the same thing. For a liberal, fascism and communism are both totalitarianism and so basically the same. For a fascist, liberalism and communism are both soulless regimes of mediocrity and so basically the same. For a communist, liberalism and fascism are both capitalist ideologies and so basically the same.

People who engage in black and white thinking don't like triads.