[lbo-talk] note of thanks

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Fri Apr 10 15:56:50 PDT 2009

In this regard, I thought something Paul Rabinow said at a (otherwise very forgettable) talk on the late Foucault applies. A student asked a question about resisting biopower, and Rabinow noted that Foucault wasn't against biopower per se, rather he noted that it was a neutral term. He went on to note that forms of biopower such as health care and social security are both beneficial and forms of biopower (or the biopolitical) robert wood