[lbo-talk] The Ruling Class, the[ir] NYPD, the New School and Broken Windows

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 22:56:56 PDT 2009

Full disclosure---I wasn't at the New School occupation today-- or involved in the planning processes before it, for the simple reason that I'm not a New School student, but given that I am a petit-bourgeois student, was at the "Take Back NYU" action and am a self-described rabble rouser, I figured I would take the opportunity to ramble semi-coherently for 15 minutes on the subject[s],

After that self-effacing I'll be surprised if anyone would bother to read this: http://theactivist.org/blog/the-ruling-class-the-nypd-the-new-school-and-broken-windows

(Oh and full disclosure again, I didn't read "*Fixing Broken Windows: Restoring Order and Reducing Crime in Our Communities*" either, but I did skim the 2 page Atlantic Monthly article on it, so I might as well have read it.)