[lbo-talk] cleansing

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Apr 11 19:45:55 PDT 2009

Yo, dude, you said:

> And hilarious that it sort of explains why more people would care
> more about
> their toilet during times in which they have to "hold back" on
> spending...

But I'm saying that this obsession long predates the imposed "holding back" on spending.

You know, Freudian theory is something I know pretty well. I've got quite a few pages in Wall Street that do a psychoanalysis of credit money vs. gold-based money - a regime of oral entitlement connected with the breakdown of patriarchal authority vs. a system driven by the guilty sadomasochism of the anus driven by the law of the father. So your ahistorical version of events doesn't really hold, um, water either.

Doug