[lbo-talk] internally riven

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 11:32:38 PDT 2009

I don't think it's really so much paranoid as solipsistic. You've got this system operating everywhere, determining everything, and operating independently of anything according to its internal rules. Sure there's differance and power and all that (in post-structuralism), but really they serve the function of a noumenon. Like I said this may be true on some deep metaphysical level, but I don't think it works all that well for societies -- which are not actually structured like languages.

Foucault's world bears a remarkable resemblance to the movie Cube, and I would be suspicious of any reading of history in which history has a plot, especially that of a B horror movie. I'm just sayin'. ;)