[lbo-talk] internally riven

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 05:16:09 PDT 2009

Shag, I never refered to paranoid structuralism. That's something you made up. I said that 1) it was solipsistic (il n'y a rien hors texte) and 2) Foucault's world functions thematically in a way suspiciously similarly to a horror movie trope. I also implied but did not state that this is in part the result of using a particular model of language (Saussure's) as a basis for understanding extralinguistic phenomena, such as history or society, where it does not apply.

Linguistic fetishism, whether that of Wittgenstein or Derrida, is the central sin of 20th-century philosophy!

--- On Mon, 4/13/09, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote: doss just took up "paranoid