[lbo-talk] extremely creative spam

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 15 08:01:12 PDT 2009

From: Western Union Money Transfer <info at westernunion.com> Date: April 15, 2009 9:18:24 AM EDT To: dhenwood at panix.com Subject: World Bank Economic Stimulus via ATM Card Reply-To: westernunionmoneyportals at gmail.com

Hello, We wish to notify the owner(s) of the e-mail address receiving this notification that Western Union Money Transfer have an ATM Card loaded with the sum of US$30,000 in your favour for dispatch to you. Your email address drew in the first batch of lucky recipients of the economic stimulus payment electronic picks being administered by the World Bank Group in collaboration with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and International Development Agencies (IDA) including USAID. We understand that you are receiving the above payment as an economic stimulus compensation to caution the effect of the worldwide economic meltdown and recession going on worldwide, especially in the United States of America and other third world countries. Many countries of the world including your country, are contributors to the economic stimulus funds package as agreed by the G-20 leaders during their meeting held in London, United Kingdom. Even the United States' Government has made provision for $700 billion in economic stimulus for American citizens. Western Union Money Transfer has therefore, made arrangement for the delivery of your ATM Card with FedEx courier company but we do not have enough information about your address for the delivery of the ATM Card because your email address was picked by electronic machine as a beneficiary during a recent draw organized by some selected consultants to the World Bank Group. In other for the said ATM Card to be dispatched to you, we kindly ask you to furnish us with the following information: Your Full Names; Your Full Address; Your Telephone Number. Take note that receivers of the ATM Card would bear the costs of deliverying the ATM Card parcel to them which is not more than $250 covering courier, administrative and insurance fees. This is the only cost and commitment attached to the Economic Stimulus. You should send your details to our Customer Service Department as follows: westernunionmoneyportals at gmail.com or, alternatively, contact Ms. Mary Jack of Corporate Division of FedEx: federalexpress73 at yahoo.com or federalexpresscouriercompany4 at gmail.com so that your ATM Card can be processed and delivered to you accordingly. Best Regards, Geofrey Morgan Director of Operations Western Union Money Transfer