[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:32:34 PDT 2009

AP Rudy:

>My feelings about this article almost perfectly echo my fury at NPR for reporting - as if it was breaking news - that, you'll hardly >believe this, I know - the Green Revolution is failing in Punjab... absolutely shocking information, thank goodness no one has ever >understood the ecological and social contradictions of the Green Revolution, esp. not in India! I don't know about you, but I've >never heard of Lappe and Collins or Food First! or anyone else critical of the Ford and Rockefeller Foundation's greatest and >glorious development program over the last forty years or more.

JL Gulick:

_Seeds of Plenty, Seeds of Sorrow_... a latecomer in 1992:

http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/sopsos.html

Still, Norman Borlaug is alive and kicking at 96, teaming up with the American Enterprise Institute, Wall Street investors' clubs, and East Asian state-backed enterprises to relieve starving sub-Saharan Africans with bioengineered germplasm and synthetic nitrogen.

Someday, the US, the EU, the Gulf States, and E Asia may go at it tooth and nail in WWIII, but they all seem to agree on one thing: that the miserable nightmare ruins of neo-colonized sub-Saharan Africa justifies its further pillaging under the banner of "civilization" (see: US commandos firing headshots at Somali social bandits, see Daewoo Corp attempting to lease most of Madagascar's arable land for biofuel plantations, etc etc ad nauseum).

_________________________________________________________________ Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx?ocid=B037MSN55C0701A