[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Apr 15 12:39:06 PDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:
> I'm not making a joke; I'm making a semi-serious moral point. Why
> should we hold bovine life in higher esteem than microbial life?

Haven't we discussed all this before? Do you think the arguments offered this time will convince or engage you? I am sceptical. It is not just an issue of holding bovine life in higher esteem -- the argument for that is an extension of the reasons we choose not to visit suffering on fellow humans. It is also an issue of avoidable suffering. In the practice of industrial animal farming we in fact hold microbial life in higher esteem over bovine. After all, we do not go to great lengths to intentionally torture microbes, even those that directly threaten our survival.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/