[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 15 17:06:37 PDT 2009

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Carrol:
>
> > Cruelty to animals is another issue, independent of whether they do
> > suffer or not: they seem to . . .
>
> They definitely do. No doubt in my mind. The question remains, is it
> justified?

I would agree, but my point was to separate the _political_ argument against allowing animal cruelty from the technical debate over animal consciousness. I remember listening to Air Force cooks talk jovially of "turpentining a dog's ass," and there references to human relations were not much more edifying.

Carrol