[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 15 20:00:22 PDT 2009

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> For example, what's the thinking behind this sigline of yours?
>
> Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA

When _any_ widespread behavior is singled out, implicitly or explicitly, as a sign of superior or inferior character, _there_ you see the obnoxiousness of moralism. Such judgments violate solidarity -- and at least the impression I get is that PETA is not interested in solidarity with anyone who doesn't accept its moral conception of animal rights. That is intolerable.

But I don'tg see why John Thornton made his legitimate _general_ point in a response to B and Mike Beggs, both of whose posts seemed to deny a wish to impose their preferences on others.

Carrol