[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 16 11:32:59 PDT 2009

At 12:06 PM 4/16/2009, John Thornton wrote:

>If PETA could drop the moral condemnation of all meat eaters and
>instead focus on improving the conditions of animals used for food
>stocks that would be great.
>Hell, I'd offer my time and money to support their cause.
>But they do not intend to do that. They instead seek to impose a
>meatless morally superior world-view on everyone else. Fuck that.

Here's some quotes from Ingrid Newkirk, PETA founder and president:

Humans have grown like a cancer. We're the biggest blight on the face of the earth. Washingtonian magazine, 1990 February 1 Reader's Digest, June, 1990

I'm not only uninterested in having children. I am opposed to having children. Having a purebred human baby is like having a purebred dog; it is nothing but vanity, human vanity. New Yorker magazine, April 23, 2003

Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it. - Vogue (September 1, 1989)

I am not a morose person, but I would rather not be here. I don't have any reverence for life, only for the entities themselves. I would rather see a blank space where I am. This will sound like fruitcake stuff again but at least I wouldn't be harming anything The Washington Post, 1983 November 13