[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 13:00:23 PDT 2009

Jordan Hayes wrote:
>> Honey? Bees are animals?
>
> Bees are enslaved!
>
> http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

Not all of them are enslaved. One of my hives swarmed last year and about 6 pounds of them left.

I have a little whip I use whenever their productivity falls too low. I also torture one or two every month or so just to show them who the boss is.

I've never gotten a satisfactory answer to my question about whether vegetarians can eat Elysia chlorotica. It is a slug that gets it nourishment through photosynthesis so it is effectively an animal/plant hybrid. Since it gets its nourishment via photosynthesis like a plant can vegetarians eat it?

John Thornton